Burnley Roofing offering Commercial and Industrial Single Ply System services across Burnley, Lancashire.
Single Ply roofing membrane made of a synthetic plastic is ideal for a new construction or the upgrading of an existing flat roof or to increase their working life.
The Flame Free application technology gives you ‘insurance friendly’ roofing solutions without compromising cost-efficiency of installation or aesthetic appeal as well as being ideal on complex building shapes or where drilling and mechanical fastening is inappropriate.
Single ply membranes are strong, flexible sheets composed predominately of synthetic polymers and are sealed at joints to form continuous waterproofing when combined with insulation and continuous support they form complete, durable roof systems.
Single Ply systems are resistant to weathering, chemical oxidation and UV radiation, requiring no additional surface protection unless used for access or are used in ‘protected membranes’ and Green Roof Systems.
The application of polymer technology to roofing has unique advantages for the customer:
- Rapid construction allowing early interior fit-out
- Low capital cost and cost-in-use
- Safe, flame-free construction using hot-air welding, adhesives and fasteners
- High thermal performance using lightweight, thermally efficient rigid insulation
- Cold bridging eliminated by use of thermal break fasteners
- Effective control of air leakage to meet new energy efficiency regulations
- Minimum roof zone depth to maximise design freedom
- Easy repair, modification and refurbishment
- Simple detailing to suit all situations
- Interfaces to other construction elements
- Various colour options with matching profiles for eaves, verges and parapets
TPO, EPDM, and PVC are the three most common types of single-ply membrane systems. Since they consist only of a single layer of roofing material over insulation or the deck, these popular systems are very lightweight.
TPO (ThermoPlastic Olefin) roofing systems combine the long-term durability of rubber with the security of hot air welded seams.
TPO’s advantages include:
- The most environmentally friendly of the single-ply systems
- Produce no dioxins or chlorine
- Come in varying thicknesses and roll widths to meet your specific requirements
EPDM (Ethlyene Propylene Diene Monomer) is a stable roofing alternative that withstands extremes of temperature and expands and contracts with the building.
Key advantages are:
- Minimal maintenance
- Resistant to UV radiation and ozone
- Proven effective for more than 30 years.
PVC (Polyvinyl Chloride) Roofing Systems are among the easiest single-ply roofing membranes to install and heat-weld together.
Among the advantages PVC systems provide:
- Ability to resist various chemical effluents
- Superior resistance to punctures and tears
- Especially suited for roofs that are exposed to concentrations of grease, oils and many kinds of fuels
- Ideal in areas where acid rain or other forms of acidic outflow is a problem
Single Ply Technology offers maximum freedom of choice in roof design, performance and appearance for refurbishment and new build.